Sunday, August 11, 2024

West Virginia Stations

 


Just out of curiosity, I counted the WV stations in my logbook this evening and came to a total of around 20. I suppose that's perfectly normal since I'm living in the South Central part of the state. I hear 5 in the Charleston area, 3 in Beckley, 3 in Huntington, 1 in Oak Hill, 1 in Parkersburg, 1 in Point Pleasant, 1 in Wheeling, 1 in Montgomery, 1 in Spencer, 1 in Frost, and 1 in Bluefield. 

Of course I don't hear them at the same season; Summer verses Winter makes a big difference in reception. I think the Winter months are the best for the weaker signals. The only part of the state I don't hear is the Eastern Panhandle. 

What am I using for 90% of the weaker signals ? I find my GE Super Radio with the Analog dial and a manual logging scale with the addition of the external A100 loop antenna does the trick well. I'm looking forward to the Winter months when the band is more quiet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Zoomer Radio AM 740

                                                                                  CFZM  I love these broadcasts from the golden age of radio...