Thursday, July 25, 2024

Cheap vs Expensive Receivers

My advice is not to spend a lot of money when starting out on any hobby. AM radio may not be your "cup of tea" so to speak. Some of the small transistor radios can give surprising results. I've been an Amazon Prime Member for years and I've collected several practically for free. Most have been under $30. One of my best is a Sangean SR-35 which I paid absolutely zero dollars for. (free) and.  by the way, it's an analog receiver. The SR 35 doesn't have a logging  scale on it but they get around this by adding a tuning "light". 

The two most important things to consider on any receivers are Sensitivity and Selectivity. Sensitivity is the ability of a receiver to pull in weak signals. Selectivity is the ability of a receiver to reject adjacent frequencies. 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Zoomer Radio AM 740

                                                                                  CFZM  I love these broadcasts from the golden age of radio...